- How to buy music on the new iTunes store
- How to find the music you want to buy
- How to preview and buy music
- How to download your purchased music
- How to manage your music library
- How to use iTunes gift cards
- How to redeem iTunes codes
- How to find deals on music
- How to listen to your music
- How to troubleshoot iTunes
A quick and easy guide on how to buy music from the new iTunes Store.
Checkout this video:
How to buy music on the new iTunes store
The iTunes Store is a software-based online digital media store operated by Apple Inc. that opened on April 28, 2003, as a result of Steve Jobs’ push to open a digital marketplace for music. It offers over 35 – 40 million songs, 2.2 million apps, 25,000 TV shows, and 65,000 movies. As of June 2013, the iTunes Store possessed 575 million active user accounts, and served over 315 million mobile devices.
On September 18, 2012, Apple announced the launch of the iPhone 5 and the fifth generation iPod Touch, both of which support iOS 6 and the new iTunes Store interface. The completely redesigned interface features a refreshed grid view with larger artwork and new features such as Ping social integration and Facebook Like buttons for individual songs and albums. When iOS 6 was released on September 19, 2012, the App Store was also updated with a new logo and design.
How to find the music you want to buy
The iTunes Store sells millions of songs and videos and usually has over 12,000,000 songs available at any given time. Finding the music you want to buy can sometimes be difficult. Here are a few tips on how to find the music you want to buy:
-If you know the name of the song or artist you want, use the search feature in the iTunes Store. You can access the search feature by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right hand corner of the iTunes Store.
-If you don’t know the name of the song or artist but you know what you want to buy, try browsing by genre. To do this, click on the “Music” link in the iTunes Store and then select a genre from the list on the left side of the screen.
-If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, try browsing by release date or popularity. To do this, click on either the “Recent Releases” or “Top Songs” link in the iTunes Store
How to preview and buy music
With the new iTunes Store, you can preview and buy music by visiting the Music section of the store and clicking on the album or song that interests you. You can also find new music by using the Genres & Moods section or by searching for an artist, album, or song.
If you want to preview an entire song before buying it, just click on its title. If you want to hear a short sample of the song, click on the play button next to its title. To purchase a song, click on the price button next to its title. Songs that are available for purchase have a price next to them; songs that are not currently available for purchase have “Coming Soon” next to them. Once you’ve found an album or song that you’d like to buy, just click on its price and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to download your purchased music
Once you have found the song or album you wish to purchase, click the price to the right of the song or album name. Doing so will prompt a pop-up window asking how you would like to pay for your purchase; click Buy Song or Buy Album here. You can also click the shopping cart icon in the top-right corner of the page and then click Purchase in the bottom-left corner of the resulting page.
How to manage your music library
With iTunes, you can manage your music library any way you want: buy songs and albums from the iTunes Store, rip songs from CDs, or download them from the Internet. You can even listen to free streaming radio stations with a tap of a button. And if your music collection is too large for your iPhone or iPad, you can always turn to iTunes Match to store your music library in iCloud.
How to use iTunes gift cards
If you want to buy music on the new iTunes store, you can use an iTunes gift card. iTunes gift cards can be purchased from a number of different retailers, and they come in a variety of denominations. Once you have an iTunes gift card, you can redeem it by entering the code on the card into the iTunes store.
How to redeem iTunes codes
When you buy music from the iTunes Store, you can use either an credit card or an iTunes code. If you want to use an iTunes code, you must first redeem it at the iTunes Store. Here’s how:
1. Open the iTunes Store.
2. Click on “Buy iTunes Gifts.”
3. Enter the 16-digit code from the back of the card, then click “Redeem.”
4. If you have a Mac, the music will be added to your iPod or iPhone automatically. If you have a PC, click on “Library” in the upper-left corner of iTunes and then select “Music.” Select “Sync Music” and choose entire music library or selected playlists, artists, and genres. Click “Apply” in the lower-right corner of the screen.
How to find deals on music
iTunes has been the go-to media player for many users since its inception in 2001. In fact, it’s become so commonplace that “iTunes” is now a verb. While the program has evolved over the years to include features like podcasts, apps, and books, its primary focus has always been music. And with the launch of the new iTunes Store, it’s easier than ever to find deals on music.
How to listen to your music
There are many ways to enjoy your music on the new Itunes Store. You can either purchase individual songs or albums, or you can subscribe to a music streaming service such as Apple Music or Spotify.
If you purchase individual songs, you will own those songs and can download them to any device that is connected to your Itunes account. You can also listen to them online through the Itunes Store website.
If you purchase an album, you will own all of the songs on that album, and you can download them to any device that is connected to your Itunes account. You can also listen to them online through the Itunes Store website.
If you subscribe to a music streaming service, you will be able to listen to all of the songs in their catalog on any compatible device. You will not be able to download these songs for offline listening, but you will not have to worry about using up storage space on your devices.
How to troubleshoot iTunes
If you’re having trouble opening the iTunes Store, App Store, or Books Store on your Windows PC, follow the steps below. After each step, check to see if you can access the stores.
* Restart your computer.
* Open iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create one.
* Check your Internet connection. Make sure that you can visit websites like apple.com and applemusic.com.
* Update your software. Make sure that you have the latest version of macOS or Windows 7 or later and the latest version of iTunes for Windows.
* Check your security software and settings. Make sure that security software isn’t blocking communications between your computer and the stores, following these steps:
* On Mac: Choose System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall and ensure that “Block all incoming connections” is not selected under “Firewall options.” Instead, select “Allow incoming connections.” On iOS 11 or earlier: Tap Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode On, then enter a passcode to allow access to Passbook (on supported models) and
Wallet (on iPhone 6 or later). After allowing access to Wallet, go back to Touch ID & Passcode and turn off Passbook & Wallet under “Allow access when locked.” You might need to restart your device for these changes to take effect. On iOS 12 or later: Choose Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps and make sure that Installing Apps is set to Allow or Always Allow.* Try connecting to the iTunes Store again.”