You can now enjoy Apple Music on your Amazon Echo speakers. Here’s a quick guide on how to link Alexa to Apple Music and start streaming.
Checkout this video:
In this article, we’ll show you how to link Alexa to Apple Music and start streaming your favorite tunes. We’ll also provide a troubleshooting section in case you run into any problems.
What is Apple Music?
Apple Music is a streaming service from Apple that provides users with access to millions of songs, as well as Apple’s exclusive Beats 1 radio station. The service launched on June 30, 2015, and is currently available in over 100 countries worldwide. Alexa is a voice-controlled assistant that is designed to work with Amazon’s Echo devices. However, you can also link your Alexa device to your Apple Music account, which will allow you to control playback of your music using voice commands. Here’s how to do it:
What is Alexa?
Alexa is a virtual assistant that you can use to play music, set alarms, get weather updates, and much more. You can also use Alexa to control other smart devices in your home, such as your lights and thermostat. The best part about Alexa is that she’s always getting smarter and adding new skills.
To use Alexa, you’ll need an Amazon Echo or another compatible device. Once you have your device set up, you can start using Alexa by asking her a question or telling her to do something. For example, you could say “Alexa, play some jazz,” or “Alexa, turn on the kitchen light.”
How to set up Apple Music on Alexa
If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can ask Alexa to play your favorite songs and artists, play specific albums and playlist, and more. Here’s how to set up Apple Music on your Amazon Echo so you can start streaming right away.
Before you begin, make sure that you have an Apple Music subscription and the latest version of the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
To set up Apple Music on your Amazon Echo:
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen (three horizontal lines).
3. Tap ‘Settings’.
4. Scroll down to ‘Music & Podcasts’ and tap ‘Link New Service’.
5. Select ‘Apple Music’ from the list of available services.
6. Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted, then tap ‘Sign In’.
7. Once signed in, tap ‘Enable’ to grant Alexa access to your Apple Music account.
8. That’s it! You can now ask Alexa to play your favorite songs, artists, albums, and playlists from Apple Music.
How to link Alexa to Apple Music
You can now ask Alexa to play music from Apple Music. To connect your Apple Music account to Alexa:
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Select “Music, Podcasts, & Books.”
4. Select “Link New Service.”
5. Tap “Apple Music.”
6. Tap “Enable To Use.”
7. Sign in with your Apple ID and password when prompted.
How to use Apple Music with Alexa
If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can ask Alexa to play your favorite songs, artists, and albums—or browse the built-in music library to find new music. You can also ask Alexa to play music based on genre, mood, or activity. To get started, first make sure you have an Apple Music subscription. Then enable the Apple Music skill in the Alexa app and link your account.
If you’re having trouble connecting your Alexa device to Apple Music, here are some troubleshooting tips that may help.
1. Make sure you have an active Apple Music subscription. You can’t connect to Apple Music without an active subscription.
2. Open the Alexa app on your mobile device and go to the settings menu.
3. Tap “Music & Podcasts” and then tap “Apple Music.”
4. Make sure that the “Link new devices automatically” toggle is turned on. If it’s off, turn it on and try again.
5. If you’re still having trouble, try uninstalling the Apple Music app and reinstalling it from the App Store. Once it’s been reinstalled, open the app and sign in with your Apple ID. Then, go back to the Alexa app and try connecting again.
Q: How do I link my Apple Music account to Alexa?
A: You can now link your Apple Music account to Alexa and enjoy hands-free, voice-controlled music playback on your Sonos speaker. Here’s how:
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Select Music & Podcasts, then Link New Service.
4. Tap on Apple Music and log in with your Apple ID and password.
5. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
Once you’ve linked your accounts, you can ask Alexa to play any song, artist, album, or genre from your Apple Music subscription. Just say “Alexa, play [song name]” or “Alexa, play [artist name]” and she’ll get it started for you. You can also ask Alexa to play music based on mood or activity, such as “Alexa, play happy songs” or “Alexa, play workout songs.”
To conclude, while it is not possible to directly link Alexa to Apple Music, there are a few workaround methods that you can use to play your Apple Music tracks through an Alexa-enabled device. We hope this article was helpful in explaining how to do this. Thank you for reading!
If you’re using an Amazon Echo speaker, you can link it to your Apple Music account and listen to your favorite tunes just by asking Alexa. Here’s how to do it.
First, open the Amazon Alexa app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen, then tap Settings.
Next, scroll down and tap Music & Media, then tap Link New Service.
On the next screen, tap Apple Music. You may be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID; if so, enter your credentials and tap Sign In.
Once you’ve linked your account, you can start playing music by asking Alexa. Try saying “Alexa, play some classical music,” “Alexa, play Taylor Swift,” or “Alexa, play my favorite song.”